Compass Group is looking for driven self-starters to join their business as Sales Consultants. Driven hunters will be responsible for growing the footptint of the business in their respective geographical area; earning commission for their deals. Limitless earning potential on top of a market-related basic salary! Your own vehicle is essential.
Education and experience required:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Service Industry
- Experience in selling soft services /similar services would be an advantage
- Relevant Tertiary qualification
Knowledge Skills and Competencies required:
- Fully computer literate on MS Office, advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Cold calling and telemarketing where necessary
- Experienced in calling on customers and business development and quotations
- Proven sales track record achieving sales targets
- Clear communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with clients at all levels
- Valid SA driver’s license and own vehicle
- Demonstrates a drive to succeed and be able to work independently to build a pipeline of business in order to grow company revenue
- Demonstrates a high degree of honesty, integrity, diligence, charisma, innovation and customer-service attitude and projects a professional appearance/demeanour to inspire confidence in our customers
- Plans and prioritizes business opportunities, very organized, always punctual, and professional on the telephone and keeps manager appraised of all sales activities
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale
- Strong liaison and communication skills
Key areas of responsibility:
- Works with a defined sales quota focusing on initiating relationships with multi-level decision-makers through phone, marketing, e-mail / direct mail campaigns, in-person contacts / cold calling, networking, and presentations
- Achieve monthly sales targets as set out in budget.
- Correctly cost new business, achieving the maximum margin on new business.
- Ensure contracts are correctly signed and filed for new business.
- Planning, setting budgets and targets
- Prepare quotes and present to clients as soon as possible meeting the client’s expectations.
- Prepare proposals which clearly set out the terms and conditions for the proposed contract / tender.
- Prospect potential customers within the target profile
- Develop, build and maintain strong relationships with potential customers
- Develop innovative and creative solutions to identify and develop new customers
- Propose and close sales that achieve set company target according to company policies and procedures
- Sustains sales activities; appointments, proposals, cold calls, database updates and reporting
- Keeps abreast of changes in technology and ability to increase knowledge of the cleaning industry and services the company offers
- PRO at client functions
- Maintain contact with existing clients and develop new business.
- Timeous handling of queries
- Arrange monthly entertainment if and when necessary.
- Where appropriate provide alternatives to ensure we get the business.
- Formally introduce operations staff to new clients before commencement.
- Ensure operational staff receives the correct documentation to start contracts or special job.
- Provide onsite assistance on start of contract.
- Follow-up with operations to ensure that a contract is functioning in accordance with specifications.
- Planning weekly sales prospects
- Set appointments
- Prepare and present weekly/monthly sales reports at month end /weekly sales meetings.
- Target projects
- Re-quoting at existing business
- Assist in training of new sales staff
- Survey prospective clients’ premises and compile quotations based on an agreed working rate per square meter as per specifications.
- Able to handle a number of different assignments at the same time. Presentable, well spoken, strong personality, ability to manage timekeeping, assertive, goal orientated and own transport essential